The centerpiece of OFLNA, San Pedro Chapel, is located at 5230 E. Fort Lowell Road. It was built in 1932 over the ruins of an older church that was destroyed in a tornado. Both were constructed by the Mexican families who settled in the area after Fort Lowell was abandoned. OFLNA purchased the Chapel in 1993, and the historic preservation process to restore and enhance this piece of Tucson’s history began the following year. It now serves as our community center.
Today the Chapel is a City of Tucson Historic Landmark and is on the State and Federal Registers of Historic Places. It and several adjacent support buildings are used for community meetings and rented for weddings, memorials, parties and other events.
San Pedro Chapel can be rented for weddings, quinceañeras, memorials, performances, concerts, recitals, and other personal and family celebrations.
San Pedro Chapel can accommodate up to 75 guests.